We all know that polyurethane flooring refers to the use of polyurethane floor coatings combined with a new type of solvent-free or water-based, pollution-free floor function construction technology. The new generation of polyurethane flooring is mainly a replacement for epoxy flooring. More abrasion resistance, flexibility and convenient construction.
What is the difference between polyurethane and epoxy?
As a traditional material, epoxy floor coating has a long application history, wide application area and large market share.
Advantages of epoxy resin
1. High adhesion to the base layer and small shrinkage;
2. Good acid and alkali resistance;
3. High hardness;
: Poor weather resistance and easy aging, so the service life is shorter than that of polyurethane;
Epoxy resin is a steel material, so its abrasion resistance and low temperature resistance are poor.
In addition, due to its higher filler content, the coating surface is less resistant to scratches.
Polyurethane floor coatings, as a new type of material, make up for some of the shortcomings of epoxy floor coatings, and are getting more and more applications. Its advantages are:
1. Good weather resistance, not easy to aging, the aging resistance life can reach more than 20 years, so the service life is long;
2. High abrasion resistance; (750g / 500rpm <0.016g, epoxy resin is generally: (0.03 ~ 0.04g)
3. Good impact resistance; (216 kg · cm, 25 times without damage, epoxy resin is generally: 50 kg · cm, 1 time without damage)
4. Good low temperature resistance; (at least -60 ℃, epoxy resin is generally -30 ℃)
5. Good oil resistance, better than NBR rubber oil resistance;
6. Good anti-skid performance; (static friction coefficient of both wet and dry surfaces> 0.6, static friction coefficient of wet and dry surfaces of epoxy resin <0.4)